Well, it looks like I have a buyer for my 06 Victory Vegas!
Most of my thoughts have been laid out in a thread I started on T595, a Triumph enthusiasts site. At the moment I am leaning towards the Sprint ST for the following reasons:
- Comes with bags standard (i.e. will cost less for me since … I need bags)
- Decent ergonomics (although not as good as the Tiger’s)
- Great wind protection (which is also a drawback sometimes too .. that full fairing has to catch a lot of wind)
- Hauls ass. Not that the Tiger doesn’t … The Sprint is just snappier IMHO.
- Known design. The Tiger 1050 is a NEW bike. Give it a year or so to shake out. Mind you it seems like it’s totally solid, so this is probably me being paranoid.
All of those mods I would want to make to the Tiger anyway … plus I need to buy bags.
I am hoping this will actually be the last personal motorcycle purchase for me for the next few years. Sans … starting a motorcycle related business that is…..