Edward Muller is a software engineer/manager living in the suburbs of Portland, OR and goes by the name
freeformz online. When he isn’t working he can be found cooking, playing with his kids, woodworking, walking his dog, BBQing, motorcycling, or helping out some bunnies.
- My github profile.
- Minor contributions to the Go programming language.
- Minor contributions to the dep package management tool
- SHH: Systems Heuristics Herald - Systems Metrics Collector/Reporter (Originally https://github.com/freeformz/shh)
- Logglier: Send log messages from ruby to Loggly
- Godep: Vendoring tool for Go. Inherited from kr
- log-shuttle: Shuttle logs off your system.
Edward is a site reliability engineer at Salesforce’s Heroku, where he works on things like SLIs, SLOs, error budgets, & observability systems. Ed has worked on or with everything from Novel Netware LANs to the latest cloud technologies. When he isn’t at work Ed loves coding in Go, BBQing, cooking, riding motorcycles, hanging out with friends/family, helping out in various communities, and walking his dog.
- Velocity Conf, San Jose selection committee member and Production Engineering, SRE, & DevOps track host.
- GopherCon 2019 Go Observability Workshop.
- Velocity Conf, San Jose selection committee member.